2015-2016 CCR S.T.E.M. Academy and School Uniform Proposal
Dear CCR Parents,
As we begin planning for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year, I am excited to share a vision that Dr. Fuller asked me to explore. Our district would like to begin transitioning some of our K-8 Schools to become “Signature Schools” in the upcoming years. CCR K-8 is one of the school’s that we will be proposing as one of these specialty campuses with a specific focus on “S.T.E.M. Education”.
STEM is the integration of core content areas with SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, and MATH. STEM allows students to understand the world in a holistic manner utilizing collaboration, competition and problem-based learning. Our vision for the CCR STEM ACADEMY will be an integration of STEM throughout our school where all students will participate in applying science, technology, engineering, and math principles to create connections between school, community, work and the global economy.
All current extra-curricular student programs at CCR would continue such as athletics, student council, NJHS, Safety Patrols, Yearbook Club, Out of State Field Trip/Clubs, FUSD Community Ed Before and After School Programs.
Implementing a “STEM ACADEMY” at CCR would:
- Prepare our students for successful careers in a 21st Century Workforce using critical thinking skills and daily problem solving
- Help students be better prepared in Math, Science and Technology for high school
- Help students become more able to INQUIRE, THINK, INVESTIGATE, and INNOVATE
- Support and prepare students to enroll in Poston Butte High School’s STEM Diploma Program
- Provide F.U.S.D. and San Tan Valley with a Signature School Campus Option – a K-8 STEM Program with the possibility of a school uniform environment
Becoming an F.U.S.D. Signature School will take lots of preparation, dedication, hard work and partnerships. It is very important that we have our community’s support in this venture. The complete transition for CCR K-8 School to become an effective, high achieving STEM ACADEMY will be a 3-Year Integration Plan, each year building more community and local business support to enhance our STEM curriculum. Year 1 will have the most impact on our families as we begin this process. We are asking for your input on the following decisions which need to be made and will be presented to F.U.S.D. Board of Education on May 13th.